QPS logo
QPS logo QPS logo
klanteen vertellen logo
156 reviews


What compensation do you receive for participating drug research?

Sign up now

  • Pleasant homely atmosphere

  • A drug research for everyone

  • Aimed at volunteers

  • Safety is paramount


If you participate in drug research, you will receive compensation. This amounts to approximately €100 to €170 gross per day, excluding travel expenses. The compensation is calculated for each drug study and the amount depends on a number of factors. These include the length of the drug study (how long you stay at the clinic) and the frequency of medical treatments. The amount of compensation has nothing to do with the possible risk of the drug study. The rates applied to drug research in the Netherlands have been agreed nationally and approved by the Medical Ethics Review Committee.

Travel expenses

You will receive a travel allowance for each visit to QPS. This travel allowance is based on the distance from your home address to the QPS research centre. You will receive an allowance of €0.19 per kilometre with a maximum of 420 km per single journey (according to the ANWB route planner). Payment will be made within 4 weeks.

Your travel expenses will not be reimbursed if you are late for your screening appointment (without a demonstrable legitimate reason) or if you do not bring valid identification and cannot be examined as a result. In addition, your travel expenses will not be reimbursed if you are rejected due to a positive drug or alcohol test.

Income from employment

The amounts stated are gross figures. According to law, QPS is obliged to declare the compensation to the tax authorities. You are obliged to declare the compensation as income from employment. Since travel expenses are not always taxed, we recommend that you keep receipts/tickets and the like.


The reimbursement you receive for your participation in drug trials is regarded in the Netherlands as income from work. This means that if you are not a Dutch citizen, the same rules apply to participation in drug trials as to any other work. If you are a citizen of a member state of the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, or Switzerland, you can work freely in the Netherlands and you do not need permits. As a citizen of all other countries, you need a Dutch residence permit from the IND that states: work is freely allowed. A work permit (twv) or combined permit for residence and work (gvva) are not valid for participation. These are requested by the employer and are therefore only valid for the work for which they were requested.

Show all researches Sign up now


1 Step 1: Register

Register as a volunteer for one of our clinical trials via our website.

2 Step 2: Medical screening

You undergo a medical examination. The medical examination will determine whether you are suitable for the drug research study.

3 Step 3: Participation

During your participation, you will stay at our research centre and return one or multiple times. It is also possible that you will be an alternate volunteer.

4 Step 4: Compensation

If you have completed all of the steps, you will receive your compensation within at least 4 weeks after the final screening.